Thomson Wilks is committed to the increasingly important environmental law sector. Protecting the environment and navigating the developing legislation are important considerations for every business and this is an important focus of the firm.
With experience across pollution and waste management, land use issues and natural resource management, our specialist environmental law team is equipped and ready to efficiently advise and assist our clients in keeping up to date with all environmental legislation and regulations and to understand the risks that arise from non-compliance with the relevant legislation.
Thomson Wilks’ environmental law department offers the following services:
• Legal research, analysis, review and opinions on an environmental, administration and planning legislation, regulations and legal risks.
• Advice on the environmental legislative triggers and authorisation processes applicable to specific projects including environmental authorisation, atmospheric emission licensing, waste management licensing, water use licensing and municipal planning processes.
- Advising on the environmental law aspects in relation to corporate transactions, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Commenting and providing opinions on draft legislation and regulations.
- Conducting environmental due diligence investigations and environmental legal compliance audits.
- Drafting appeals, responding statements and objections in terms of relevant environmental and planning legislation.
- Drafting legislation.
- Environmental law training and capacity development.
- Litigation support in environmental law disputes.
- Providing specialised legal advice regarding compliance with new environmental laws and regulations.
Fill out the form below and one of our consultants will be in touch with you shortly.